The student news site of Cypress Creek High School

CCHS Press

CCHS Press

CCHS Press

Band and Silvie seniors recognized at Oct. 28 football game

Senior Band and Silvie students were recognized during halftime at the football game at Pridgeon Stadium Oct. 28.
Dozens of senior students that participate in band and Silvies leave their own mark on the school.
“All of them impact the band positively because they grow as people and when we go to meet them in middle school, we get to watch them mature and turn into adults,” Head Band Director Kevin Wood said.
Though every student leaves a mark, some students impact others while also impacting the band as well.
“There are students who help the environment of the band become more comfortable, like Kylie Hynes and Gabriel Delgato,” junior band student Jackson Sutton said.
Some students, like senior Kylie Hynes, were influenced to join band after visits from band instructors in middle school and high school.
“My band director in middle school came to my elementary school and I just thought it’d be cool to try,” Hynes said. Hynes plans to continue in band in college.
The recognition night is just one of many memorable moments for band students this year.
Sutton said his favorite memory is either the giant water balloon fight they had in the parking lot or going to Disneyland.
Another key component of the football season is the Silverados dance team, though the dancers also put on multiple shows throughout the school year and compete in competitions beyond the football season.
In addition to their packed dance schedule, Silvies are also involved in multiple community service events. The team consists of girls of all grade levels, and current seniors include Jenna Gonzalez, Rylei Fraizer, Jizelle Cooksey, Sydney Aubrey, Vanessa Orellana, Bella Medina, and Mickailah Duverne.
“Silvies has definitely made me a more confident and outgoing person. Before being on the team, I had a small circle of friends and I wasn’t really one to put myself out there, but now I am the complete opposite,” Jenna Gonzalez, Silverado Historian, said.
Gonzalez also describes how she’s learned to become more outgoing.
“It feels so good to just let go of what other people might think, to do the things you love,” Gonzalez said.
The Silverados’ busy schedule has taught the girls how to balance their time and become more organized in school.
“I always make sure I know what happens each week and I like to plan ahead,” Gonzalez said.
Many of the Silvie seniors are going to miss their team which has become a family.
“Never take this time on Silvies for granted,” Gonzalez advises younger dancers. “You only get so much time to be with such amazing people, so cherish it.”