10 Reasons to see “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”
1. The movie is a guaranteed action thriller. Killer monkeys, violent district rebellions, destruction of arenas with one arrow, etc.
2. Director Francis Lawrence has experience in other book adaptations like “Water For Elephants” and the hair-raising zombie apocalypse story “I Am Legend.” Although there are no zombies involved in “Catching Fire,” Lawrence will do the book justice.
3. Everyone is talking about “Catching Fire” as one of the most anticipated Fall movies of 2013. You don’t want to miss seeing it in theaters.
4. Josh Hutcherson plays lead character Peeta Mellark, the baker from District 12 who turned a war-shocked game victor and heart-broken boy after “The Hunger Games.” He also has a jawline that can cut glass. Talk about attractive.
5. The movie has some heart-wrenching scenes in it that will make movie history. Ever heard of a jabberjay? Have a box of tissues next to you ‘cause you’ll need it.
6. The love triangle between characters Gale Hawthorne, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark gets more intense in this movie. Don’t worry, it’s a better love story than “Twilight.”
7. British adonis, Sam Claflin, plays the District 4 victor, Finnick Odair. The character is known throughout the books to use his coy personality and good-looks to cover up a damaged past. Casting Claflin to play Finnick Odair’s intricate story will play off well. If you don’t care about his personality, you can just watch his face because he’s gorgeous.
8. The actors with main roles in the movie were also in other great films including “The Last Song,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” and “Zombieland.”
9. Gentlemen – Jennifer Lawrence, who also played Mystique in “X Men: First Class,” is the leading lady of this movie as Katniss Everdeen. That speaks for itself.
10. One of the most visually pleasing things about The Hunger Games was the clothing and costumes of the wealthy people of Panem. In “Catching Fire” we’ll see a rejuvenated version of the couture with the dark twists of revolution that Katniss’ character creates.