The student news site of Cypress Creek High School

CCHS Press

CCHS Press

CCHS Press

In full bloom: Silvies wrap up season in a bow

The Cy Creek Silverados put on a breathtaking performance in the auditorium last Friday at their Silvie Encore show, featuring a blend of hip-hop, interpretive dance and blasts from the past.

Although the program faced time restraints and struggles within the team, dance instructor Kimberly Pieri and her Silvies managed to pull off a spectacular finale.

“The idea was that we come together in full bloom and bring our audience a compilation of our whole year in performances,” Pieri said. “[And] there were days where I was thinking, ‘I’m going to cut that,’ [but] it just really grew.”

According to Silvie Ema Davila, Encore serves as an opportunity for the dancers to prove themselves and connect with each other.

“[It’s] probably my favorite part of the year because we get to make the last memories with each other before the end of the year,” junior Davila said.

The spotlight shone on the seniors as well, with an emotional commemoration to graduating Colonel Stacie Truong before the final act.

“Continue to have passion because it gets you far,” senior Truong said.

Cheering in the audience, many future Silvies from local elementary schools and Cy Creek underclassmen alike looked on with excitement at what awaits them with the Silverados program.

“I’ve always been passionate about dance so it’d be fun to do it with a team of people who care just as much as I do,” sophomore dance student Chelsea Tang said.

Whether it’s a big number for the Toyota Center or a father-daughter dance at halftime, we can only look forward to what comes next for our state-renowned Silverados.