CCHS Press

Best Texas Festivals this Fall

photo+courtesy+of%3A+Creative+Commons+
photo courtesy of: Creative Commons

photo courtesy of: Creative Commons

photo courtesy of: Creative Commons

The short days, filled with cool, crisp air, joined with orange and yellow leaves, and pumpkin patches all around brings one exciting time of the year that many Texans look forward to – Fall. Fall holds refreshing temperatures, gloomy days and all things pumpkin spice, but also countless festivals and celebrations throughout the state.

Six Flags Over Texas Fright Fest

Located in Fiesta, Texas, Six Flags transforms into a spooky, scary version of the theme park that many know and love during the fall from September 14th till October 31st, and remains open till 11pm. For $25, one can venture the entire park, which includes all things spooky. From haunted trails, 3D haunted houses, to zombie apocalypse scare zones. Junior Mekenna Earnhart, a junior and Halloween lover shares her experience at the Fright Fest.

“It was so scary, I couldn’t handle it.” Earnhart said. “The only way out was the way I came in, so I jumped the fence.”

Texas Renaissance Festival

The Texas Renaissance Festival, started in 1974 by George and David Coulam, remains a classic event for the fall season with over 678,550 in attendance in 2016, and expects just that and more this year. The 55 acre festival features many scenes from the Renaissance era and allows visitors to learn about the time period and live a day in the life. Freshman and Renaissance Festival lover Marissa Quiroga explains how important the festival has become to her and her family.

“My family and I go every year now,” said Quiroga. “It’s become a tradition that I really love and look forward to”

Astroworld Festival

Houston’s own Travis Scott has created his own music festival surrounding his new album, Astroworld. Hence the title, the album pays a tribute to the historic Astroworld theme park that Scott, like many others during that time made many memories in. The festival undoubtedly features other artists, but the list remains unannounced until further notice.The festival will take place on Saturday, November 17th, at NRG Park. Tickets start around $130 for general admission, and can go up to $650 for the “No Bystanders VIP” package.

Posty Fest

Similar to Scott, Post Malone has also come out with his own festival, known as “Posty Fest,” located in Dallas, Texas. The festival includes other artists such as Lil Skies, Travis Scott, Ski Mask the Slump God, Tyler, The Creator, and many more. The festival will occur on October 28 at the Dos Equis Pavillion, with tickets starting around $100.