CCHS Press

The extra week

Photo by: Emma Ruggiero

Photo by: Emma Ruggiero

Without a doubt, Thanksgiving break almost always seems to either take ages to pass by or ends in the blink of an eye. This leads to many students either wallowing in boredom or wishing they had done something useful with the short time. Enjoy this list of activities that work perfectly for couples, groups and even individuals who want to make the most of their extra week off.

• Have breakfast for dinner. Get together with some buddies, put on dressy clothes (or simply throw on sweatpants and a T-shirt) and hit up the local IHOP, Denny’s or any other breakfast joint. These places stay open for 24 hours to satisfy breakfast cravings at any time. Order some bacon, eggs, fluffy pancakes or any other breakfast or brunch essentials, and chow down.
  • Take a walk in the park. When the sky darkens, most families begin to go home. Here, the late-night crew can enjoy the peace and quiet of a non-crowded park. Stroll around the trails, or channel the inner child by swinging and sliding on the playground, if possible. Bring a picnic and watch the sunset or gaze at the stars.
  • Go out to dinner and a movie. Theaters such as Movie Tavern and Studio Movie Grill provide comfortable seating and spacious tables where viewers can munch on a meal while watching the film, thus killing two birds with one stone. Some big titles out right now include “Thor: Ragnarok” and “Bad Moms Christmas”.
  • Cozy up in a cafe. This one works better for couples or individuals. Cafes serve as cozy little places where patrons can relax with a cup of tea or coffee and a plate of sweets and chat with their friends. Some cafes provide couches and pillows for a tranquil atmosphere. Take advantage of the bookshelves, if the location has them.
  • Stay inside. Sometimes staying in proves the best way to spend a night. Gather at someone’s house, order some takeout, and switch on a favorite show, movie or video game. Nobody even needs to change out of pajamas for this one, let alone find an outfit. When nobody feels like going out or nobody can decide what to do, this option can cater to everyone’s needs.